Join us for our Summer Programs.
First Presbyterian Church’s mission is to make and mature disciples for Christ. Nowhere is that more evident than in the Children’s Ministry. Education is a key component of all of the programs FPC designs for children. Our main goal is to educate children and their families in their faith journey.
In working toward that goal, we have a ministry for children with special needs and a preschool – Little Shepherds – which provides quality child care and Christian instruction for children ages three months through four years.
FPC’s Children’s Ministry has four standard programs:
- His Kids – A curriculum-based Sunday School program for children in Pre-K through fifth grade which meets at 9:15 a.m. on Sunday mornings
- Kids Etc. – A curriculum-based educational program for students in kindergarten through third grade during the 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning service time.
- Kids Club – A curriculum-based program on Wednesday evenings which includes singing, games, mission projects, Bible study, and prayer. It meets from 6-7:30 p.m. each Wednesday evening.
- EPIC45 – A service program for fourth and fifth grade students. These students meet once a month after Sunday morning services.
Throughout the year, there are special programs for children such as the annual Easter Egg Hunt, the Christmas Workshop, Vacation Bible School, and the Third Grade Bible Program.
All of these programs are designed with a specific educational goal in mind.
We offer a safe and secure nursery during our Sunday morning services from 8 a.m. to noon and on Wednesday evenings from 5:30-8 p.m. with qualified sitters for those children from birth to 4 years old.
The purpose of our Nursery is:
- To provide each child with a safe, clean, loving environment and
- To express the message of God’s love through Jesus Christ.
The Nursery is manned by a minimum of two sitters at all times. At no time will children be left unattended. Parents are given a beeper in case the Nursery worker needs them.
By providing the Nursery, we hope to give parents the assurance that their children are well taken care of so that their worship experience may be enhanced.
For more information on our Children’s Ministry, contact Jo Ahearn.