Stories

Stories

FPC Celebrates 132 Years in Lakeland

The First Presbyterian Church of Lakeland, Florida, was organized by The Reverend Caleb E. Jones and 13 charter members on March 7, 1885. The first service was held in the Lakeland Community School House (The Academy), which was located near the present Frontier Building downtown. This was three months after the village of Lakeland was incorporated. Caleb Jones served as…
  • 1
  • 2